Thursday, June 19, 2008

Potty Training Adventures

Well we have been preparing for this for a really long time. I bought Holden his first potty around his 2nd birthday.

Here he is using the potty shortly after we bought it:


He never showed much interest in using the potty. As he got older, he would use it from time to time. But never really on his own... only after we asked if he needed to go.

This week we started asking him while in public. He almost always would go. Yay!

Right now I have him taking his nap in underwear. Not pull-ups..not diapers... but big boy underwear. His mattress is protected by a cover (thank God!) and I have his little baby bjorn potty in his room (just in case). I'm really anxious to see if he wakes up dry.

Today I've been having him wear underwear. It's hard because a lot of times he won't tell me if he has to go. He's pretty good about the peeing part (most of the time) but we still have a lot of work to do with the pooping.

I figure it's now or never since he's about to be 3 1/2. I really don't want him peeing in his pants when he's in kindergarten. LOL.

So that is what we've been up to.

In a couple weeks, we are taking a vacation. Wahoo! We are going to Colorado to visit my inlaws.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some advice lauren, 1st son we sat on the potty and while it worked it was gross having to sit him on the potties say when at at park or dirty restroom wherever it may be. With Jacob we pretty much had him standing from the very beginning(I think he used his potty once or twice) and lemme tell you it was soooooo much easier this time. He can go to the restroom by himself at home and not need me to help him up on the potty. He can lift the toilet up and DOWN(very important to teach him this, lol)and flush it by himself. Of course I have to help him wash his hands but I really think this standing up thing was the best thing he learned early. Good luck and yay Holden!! Oh are you going to post some pictures of the new house soon?

Lauren said...

Thanks Yvette for the advice. I've been trying to get Holden to stand up, but he would rather sit. LOL. Oh well.. at least he is using the potty!!! I guess I can't complain. I will put pictures up of our new house soon... I promise. Thanks for checking out my blog.:-)