Thursday, November 18, 2010

A new baby= time to resurrect the old blog!

I started this blog when Holden wasn't even a year old. At times I was diligent about keeping it updated. Other times life got in the way. Life has changed a lot along the way. Good changes. Bad changes. Indifferent changes. We have added to our family with another sweet baby boy. I want to do better about keeping my blog going... It's a great way to chronicle our new, expanded family. I may not have many readers, or any for that matter, but here we go...

My beautiful baby boy, Noah Andrew, was born on September 1st. It was a wonderful day and will forever be etched in my memory. Those first cries, nursing him for the first time, watching Holden meet his baby brother, frantically trying to think of a name the night before leaving the hospital, you know- memories! :P



I have loved the last 2 months of watching my boys interact. At first I was worried I'll be honest. When I was pregnant Holden was adamently against having a new baby. He did have enough interest to request a boy. And when we found out Noah was indeed a boy he proudly boasted about getting what he wanted. Even so Holden was not keen on the idea of a new baby.

Things didn't change when Noah was born. I remember waiting for Matt to bring Holden to the hospital. My mom and I talked about what Holden's reaction would be. I thought he would simply ignore the baby... and I was right. He walked right past him. He refused to give him a kiss. He would barely glance his way. It wasn't looking good! At one point a nurse came to get Noah and Holden didn't notice. A little later he realized the baby was gone and demanded to know where he had gone. I guess that little hint of caring was a sign of things to come.

The not too thrilled big brother "holding" his baby brother.

It was like a switch went off one day. I actually remember the date (what can I say, I'm very number oriented). October 11th. We were headed home from visiting family in Lubbock. Holden out of the blue said, "I love baby brother." And from then on he has been doting. He will come up and kiss him. He affectionately rubs his head. All the while warming his Mama's heart. I cherish getting to watch them grow up together. Brothers. Forever. Noah feels equally as crazy about his big brother. When he sees Holden he gets the biggest, gummy grin on his face. :)

Noah finally won him over!





I am so excited for the milestones that await us. I do get a little sad about the days going by and my baby babies growing up. It's bittersweet and I'm going to try to take in every moment.

5 comments:

racinefontenele said...

Novidades motivacionais no Blog do Racine Fontenele - http://racinefontenele.blogspot.com

MyrtleHernandez said...

nice picture of them..I like your blog I enjoyed reading it!!
Log Home Plans
Log Cabin Home Plans
Seattle Home
Alaska Salmon Fishing

dogcote said...

I enjoyed your blog. Nice pics...




for getting the wonderful & complete information about pupys or dog training whoich help to growth of dogs plese visit on these hypertext keywords..href="http://www.dogcote.com">Dog Learning Style | href="http://www.dogcote.com">Pet Illness | href="http://www.dogcote.com">grooming dog | href="http://www.dogcote.com">Dogs Vaccinations | href="http://www.dogcote.com">Dog worms

mike said...

This post gives the light in which we can observe the reality.This is very nice one and gives in depth information.Thanks for sharing this nice article. quick loan

Corina said...

www.spiritlessons.com