Thursday, August 21, 2008

An afternoon of swimming

I know I haven't finished posting pictures from our trip that we took in early July.. but I wanted to blog about something different tonight. I will get back to the trip pictures later.

Last week we went swimming while my mother-in-law was in town. We have a gym membership so we go swimming there occasionally.

We took Holden to the daycare at first so we could have some no-kid swim time. After awhile we went and got him so he could join in on the fun. Poor thing.. when Matt went to pick him up he was crying. The staff said he had cried the. whole. time. He even climbed up to the top of the jungle gym to cry and one of the girls had to go up there an get him. When Matt asked what was wrong he said, "Need to go pee pee." For some reason we can't get him to ask the staff when he has to go. So instead he held it the entire time.

The gym has a really cool kiddie pool area.

It has slides and a bucket at the top that fills with water and pours out. Unfortunately Holden has a fear of water falling on his head so he pretty much avoids that. He does wade around the edge and I even got him to go on the slide a couple times with me.

Here he is getting used the water with Daddy.


Swimming with Daddy


I like this picture. My baby has such pretty, blue eyes.


Holden soon got bored of the kiddie pool and wanted to venture out into the big pool.



Holden's favorite part and probably Matt's most un-favorite part was playing basketball in the pool. Matt got a workout on his arms that's for sure.


0 comments: