Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Remember me?

Ha.. It's been a long long time since I have updated my blog. For a combination of reasons.. we've been busy painting our house, we've been out of town, and mostly I've just been being lazy. Right now my mother-in-law is in town visiting. We just got back from swimming and boy are we tired.

Earlier this Summer we took at trip to Colorado. We did so much stuff. Our time there was jam packed. It was a lot of fun. And as always I took a lot of pictures.

I'll just post my favorites..;-)

On July 4th we went to Elitch Gardens.

Holden was very tired from the get-go because we made the mistake of telling him the night before that we were going. I guess he was too excited to sleep. He didn't fall asleep 'til nearly midnight and was up around 6 a.m. Yikes! Despite that he still had a blast...he was just a little zombie-like.

You can see what I mean by looking at this picture of him on the carousel.


Here are some more pictures from the amusement park...

Matt enjoying the lazy river-


Ang (my sil), Chris, and the kids on the lazy river-


We let the kids watch a concert. Here they are on stage at the end of the show. I took the kids on a lot of rides. I'm such a wimp when it comes to some of those crazy coasters that taking the kids is a great way to get out of it. LOL! Notice my neice, Taylor, dancing with one of the singers.:-)


The kids riding the Crazy Bus-


Acts just like his Mama on scary rides...LOL.




Holden chillin' in his wagon. This wagon really came in handy. We used it for carrying around kids (duh) and also a place to pile all of our stuff.


Holden posing with his cousins along with their snakes that Aunt Nini won!:-)


That night when the park closed we headed to the arena to watch a fireworks display. It was pretty awesome. Not only were there fireworks but performers dancing with fire, swallowing fire, and other crazy cool stuff like that. Holden wasn't a huge fan of it though- he spent the whole time with his head buried in my lap. Since the show was right in front of us it was pretty loud and you could feel the warmth of the fire. I think that kind of freaked him out. I wish I would of gotten some pictures of the show, but I was too busy watching it and comforting my baby. :-)

Holden left the park in style, lounging in his wagon as his Daddy pulled him along. He konked out in the car barely 5 mintues after leaving... he was pooped.



We did many more fun things during our trip in Colorado. It's taken me a long time to put this post together and I want to tune into the swimming part of the Olympics here in a few minutes. I'll post more pictures of our trip later tonight...

1 comments:

Laura said...

Ooooo, looks like a really fun trip!! Yay!!