Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My baby is 4 today.

It's hard to believe that 4 years has gone by so fast. To me 4 seems like such a big age. It's so different from 3... now he's preschool age. Pretty soon he'll be 5 and going into kindergarten. Aghh! I don't want to think about that yet. LOL.

This time 4 years ago I was starting to have contractions. By 9 that night they were getting pretty regular. I wanted to wait a little while until we went to the hospital but Matt insisted that we go right then. Good thing he did! Shortly after we got there and I was hooked up to monitors the nurse saw that Holden's heart rate was going down with each contraction. I was rushed to the O.R. for an emergency c/s. It was such a whirlwind... before I knew it I heard my baby's sweet cry. He was perfect (and still is).

Now 4 years later:
*He talks up a storm (Thanks to Speech Therapy- which he has to go today on his Birthday but he is excited about that.)
*He loves loves loves his trains. He spends endless hours playing with them. He has such an imagination.
*He loves food. The way to his heart is definitely through his stomach! For his birthday he wanted an Applebee's gift card. True story.
*He is such a loving kid and his smile can melt anybody's heart. He is a sweet, caring, beautiful boy. And a total Mama's boy. (I love that!)

I'll end this Birthday post with pictures from each year of Holdie's life..

His "first" Birthday


Turning 1...


His 2nd Birthday


Birthday Number 3..


Number 4 coming up!!

Happy Birthday Holden!!!!

0 comments: