Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's been one year...

Since I tragically lost my sweet dog, Toby. On May 24, 2006 he was hit by a car. I still feel sick to my stomach when I think about it. He shouldn't of left this world like that.. not my Toby. He should of died peacefully in his sleep when he was much much older. He should of grown up with Holden. There should of been so many more days with him. More belly rubs. More sitting under the computer desk, keepig my feet warm, lol. More cuddling in bed with me. It's just not fair.

He was such a great dog in so many ways. Sometimes I get scared that I'm starting to forget about him. You know how all dogs have little quirks that make them different from other dogs. I sometimes have to strain to remember his. Why does time do this? I still remember a lot but it feels like it's getting foggier. I remember how he had this excited cry sound that he would make when we would come home. He always missed us so much when we were gone. He loved us just like we loved him. You could tell.

Oh Toby... why why why did you get out of the backyard that day? I wish this had not happened. I wish you were here with us still.

I know that you would not want us to be sad. So I will try not to cry too much when I think about you. I can say it has gotten a little better. Right after you left us all I did was cry... now I have gone on with my life. Sometimes I can even smile when I think about you instead of just feeling sad. However unlike the saying goes, Time does not heal all wounds.

I will never forget you. I love you Toby Bear!!!!!!!

Let's remember the good times--







p.s. I know some people wouldn't understand how a person could get so worked up over a dog. However for those of you who have a dog as special as Toby is to me (still find it hard to say was) ,you can relate.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Lauren! :( I'm so sorry. It sounds like Toby was an amazing friend, companion, and family member.

MommyOfThree said...

I am so sorry, Lauren, lots of hugs!

Corey~living and loving said...

yes....I can relate. so many hugs for you Lauren! I also get sad when I have a hard time remember all those special things about my dog. It is really hard.

Nikkie said...

I can totally relate how you're feeling. When my childhood dog died (I was 20) I was devastated. We got her when I was 8 and even though I didn't live at home with her anymore, it still broke my heart into a million pieces hwen my mom phoned to say she'd passed away. Many many hugs to you on this sad day. I always think of 'Odie' on her birthday and on the anniversary of her death too. It is hard to remember her quirks and the little things that made her HER but I'll never forget my dog.

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) I totally understand. I lost my Lab last August and I still have trouble with it. Thinking of you!

Amanda said...

oh Lauren, it is so hard... I remember when my Skipper was put down... he was old and frail and dying... it makes me teary to think about it...
Hugs, Lauren...