Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My baby is growing up! He's transitioning into a bed!

Yesterday we went out and bought Holden a mattress set. We don't have his bed yet, but we're just going to put the mattress set on a frame for now. I don't know if I am ready for this transition, but dh thought we should give it a shot. We bought a full sized set because Holden moves around a lot.

Last night we gave it a go and Holden did great! He went to sleep pretty quickly and slept all through the night. He didn't wake up until after 9. I went in his room and took pictures of him, but it didn't wake him.





After a while..I heard a tiny knock on his door. He had a huge smile on his face when I opened it. (We put one of those child proof knobs on the inside of his door. I don't want him roaming the house in the middle of the night!)

Nap didn't go as well, but we'll get there! It took about 1 1/2 hours for him to settle down for his nap. I wasn't here. I was at the doctor getting an ecg. Holden was still "talking" when I came home. Soon after it got quiet so I thought I'd check in. First I looked under the door to make sure he wasn't in front of it. Sure enough he was! He had fallen asleep on the floor right in front of the door.


I can't believe my baby is out of crib. This came too soon!

1 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Right in front of the door? lol that is funny! I am soooooooooo not ready for Kenna to get in a big girl bed. I don't have a play room, so all of her toys are in her room. I am not sure if she'd ever nap????
woo hoo for big boy Holden!