Friday, July 27, 2007

Random Ramblings

I'm bored.

I shouldn't be. I have about a million things I should be doing, most of which includes cleaning... blah!

So instead I'm blogging. Seems like a good use of my time, lol!

My foot really hurts. I went to get some sunscreen out of the cabinet in Holden's bathroom. Right when I opened it, I could tell it was going to fall. I couldn't move fast enough. BAM. It fell right on my right foot. OUCH!! It hurt badly. Holden was so cute though. He came running in there and when he saw I was in pain, he kissed my foot. AWWWWW! I don't know why just opening it caused it to fall. About a week ago I caught Holden hanging from it.. so maybe that caused it to be less sturdy and me just opening it was the final straw?? I don't know, but it hurt!

(Ignore my ugly toes.. I'm in need of a pedicure.)


The cabinet that fell on my foot:



I'm very angry at my insurance. They are refusing to pay for my lab work I had done. They said it's experimental. I called and explained to them that I had a highly positive Lyme test so it is NOT experimental. My doctor ran the additional tests to see check my Natural Killer cells. It's called a CD57 test. When you have Lyme the bacteria kills your natural killer cells. By seeing how many nk cells you have, you can tell how badly you have Lyme disease.. like how long you've had it. So it's a VERY necessary test. I told the insurance all of this, but they just told me.. sorry it's not covered. Aghhh!! I don't know what to do. I'm not very good at arguing with people.. but if they are not going to pay for bloodwork related to my Lyme disease then I am in trouble. I don't see why it matters what disease it's for... I'm sick people!!!!

OH my gosh, thanks for letting me get that out!! I'm just so frustrated and overwhelmed.. I could burst.

That probably should of gone in my Lyme blog, but oh well.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yeeeeeouch! That looks like it hurts, and from the looks of that cabinet, I can see why!

I'm sorry about the insurance troubles too. It's so infuriating when things like that, which are obviously necessary, aren't covered. Ugh!

Lots of hugs to you today!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh Lauren! I cannot believe that huge cabinet fell on your foot. OUCH!!!!

And I am so sorry the insurance company is giving you the run-around. I don't know how insurance stuff works, but is there any way your doctor can communicate to the insurance people that this IS necessary and NOT experimental?