Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What a Wonderful Day!

This has been a truly awesome day. I have felt so much encouragement, kindness, and love- from so many people. I really feel in awe about how truly blessed I am. I talked about this to an extent on My Fight with Lyme Disease blog. I would like to talk about some other areas of my life.

First of all, my son was in such a happy, go-lucky moody today. I love when he is like. It just makes life so enjoyable. We went to Target this morning and had a fabulous time. We didn't buy much, but enjoyed browsing as we munched on a hot dog. It was a wonderful little outing.

Afterwards we went to the park, down the street from our house. We met some really nice people there, a woman and her daughter. Holden loved playing with the little girl and me and her Mom got to talking. We have a lot in common. We both have kids. check. We are both 21. check. We both are sahm's. check. We both are worry warts. check. Well you get the point. We really clicked. I don't have many friends that I hang out with on a regular basis so it was nice. We exchanged numbers and plan to have some playdates. Fun!

I had a doctor's appointment today which provided me with a lot of hope. My doctor switched my meds. I really feel like this will be a turning point. It was a great appointment and made me feel a lot better. The icing on the cake was when I went to fill my prescription. All THREE of my meds only cost me $24.67. I was estatic about that.

When I got home from the appointment Holden was still taking his nap. My brother had watched him, well really just listened for him, while I went to my appt. So since he was still napping I had a chance to have some me time. Which usually includes checking out my Mommy board..looking at friends' blogs.. you know, fun stuff! I was so touched by my friend Corey. I talked about her kindness more on my Lyme Disease blog. (It's hard to decided what to put where when you have 2 blogs!) She has been so supportive, kind, just all around a great friend. I love you, Cor! Look what she made me:


Lastly, as I mentioned below, today is my anniversary. Me and Matt have been married for 3 years. My husband isn't the most romantic man, I must admit. I totally didn't expect to get anything for our anniversary. We had kind of mutually decided to not get any gifts. When he came home from work, he handed me a card. I was totally taken aback because I really didn't expect ANYTHING. In the card he wrote the sweetest note, it actually brought a tear to my eye. I'm not the most emotional person so that says a lot. I asked him if I could share his words on my blog and he said it was fine so here is what the card read:

Hello Sweetheart,
This truly has been the happiest
three years of my life. I am
so happy we found each other,
I do not know what I would
do without you. I appreciate
everything you do for our
family, and how you are such
a great mother to Holden.
We may be going through some
rough times right now (especially
you) but thing are going to
get better. Together there isn't
anything we can't get through.
I Love You,
Matt


Isn't that the sweetest thing EVER? It really made my day that much sweeter. We went out to eat and had a wonderful time together (along with Holden, who acted like a saint and ate EXTREMELY well). Who could ask for more? It was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwww...your husband's words are so sweet. You are lucky lady Lauren. I am glad you had such a great day. You deserve it.
oh and your meds not costing a fortune is GREAT news! woo hoo!

Sara@Sarandipity said...

Lauren - I'm so glad things are picking up for you. That's wonderful that the meds didn't cost as much as last time. Fingers crossed they work for you. And your hubby is just the sweetest. It made me teary just reading those beautiful words! Yeah for good things!

Boricua in Texas said...

How great it must be to have someone like Matt in your corner, Lauren. I wish you many more happy anniversaries together.